Thursday, April 28, 2005

Tum-tum Troubles

I hate food as an impulse buy. I hate high calorie junk food as a meal option. I hate hate hate buffets. All you can eat... it's a challenge. I looooove a challenge. When people tell me I can't do something. I love to prove them wrong. I may not do it all that well... but tell me I cannot do something and it is an invitation I probably won't turn down.

But buffets... ugh. There is no reward for "saving money" for "beating the system". Mostly because it is all mediocre food to begin with. So, with time I have learned not to accept the challenge, I ate sensibly... for the most part. And what is my reward for that... a rather uncomfortable 4:30 am case of heartburn. And some added bonuses. Thank goodness I did not eat alot.

Mostly what I hate about buffets, is the people. Noone knows buffet etiquette (if it ever existed). And I am not talking gross etiquette, although I am sure that could well be the case too. I am talking placement ettiquette. Everyone runs around with the idea that they are heading one way... and everyone else is heading that same way. Look up from your spaghetti... concoction long enough to see that this ain't an obstacle course.

My everything hurts ... oh mac and cheese from the box... next time I am eating in with you. You're next Mr. Hamburger Helper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »