Monday, April 11, 2005

Excess

Weddings are not meant for men. Honestly. I can't look at the great big scheme of things, I certainly can't look at the cost of things. But instead of having one day taken out of my life... one day and then wedded bliss. I have had months... of back and forth... and this instead of that. I have had months of my bride to be frazzled to no end. And this is from the outside looking in.

This is not even our wedding. This is insanely fast planning, and all for what? So, that we can live as we have for the past 3 years? I don't care about cakes and candles and dresses and flowers and seating and such. I care about my family... I wonder how it would be if I were the first cryogenically frozen husband. I would be a joy to live with. "What the in-laws are coming over? Oh, Justin won't care... he is cool with that. Hahaahheehehee."

A friend of mine told me, I will wake up and it will be over. God, I hope he is right, I would like nothing more than to have this done with. I need my family back... I could actually toast to that.

No comments: