Sunday, April 17, 2005

Rest

What an exhausting weekend. Kids have entirely too much energy. And apparently have very little of an idea how to leave things alone. I was over at my mother's house this weekend. It is truly a wonder that the place has objects still standing in it. Actually, it might be better just to strip the house bare. Cute kids though, one is just as reckless and crazy as anyone I know... and the other well she can make you smile in the middle of lecturing her.

I love the simplistic and almost innate hierarchy these kids have. The bigger kid is the boss of the little kid... all the way up, and this is alot of kids. And despite your pointing out contrary it continues, and can be even worse then the behavior the older kids are scolding. And while I appreciate my older siblings help quite a bit. There is a consistency that was lost the whole weekend. They knew the rules... they were just not always applied. But like I said, when my soon to be wife collapsed midday from a night of playing Magic with my older brother till one, I was very glad my sister was there.

And I don't know why, but they really seem to be hard on the middle sibling imparticular. I will admit she is verbose, and that can be annoying. But I don't see anything terribly wrong with it. I did go a little easy on her (and probably usually do) this weekend, I think she sprained her arm. But honestly, she just reminds me ... of me. Granted she does tend to be over dramatic... and complain... and all sorts of other unflattering things. But everybody does at some point. Being a kid is hard enough today anyway, much less trying to be the kid everyone wants.

Anyway, I need a break... might be on tomorrow I might not. If not... um... tell Scarlett I do give a damn.

No comments: