Monday, April 18, 2005

Comics... of course

Wow, this is a great time of month. Not only do I get my weekly shipping list, but also all the comics expected to ship in July. Too say that Marvel dominates the list would be a huge understatement. Except for one comic... Marvel is the list. In July, Marvel does House of M(HoM)... a reality-altering (or could be alternate dimension) project that spans many many many Marvel titles.

For right now, I could care less. I want to get the main series because it is Bendis. And the main story is at least going to have some effect. And I am getting the Spider-Man:HoM series... because it is Mark Waid... great style... great feel for it. Other than that, I am not touching HoM unless it is already part of one of my regular titles. Just stop telling me that it will change the Marvel Universe as we know it...

A couple of new series have piqued my interest greatly. Gravity and Defenders... both look to be very good books. Gravity because it is a new kid on the block book... which means loads of cameos, intros, and misunderstandings. And Defenders because it looks to be a hilarious good time in the vien of GLA. (At least I hope so, the chance for humor is the only thing truly tying me to the title)

And my one DC book, well I had to make sure that it was going to be well worth it. Of course it is All-Star Batman and Robin. A fresh look at a character I have only watched from a distance, by a man that I would trust with any character in the world. Frank Miller. And with a combined price that is 10 dollars below my budget... I don't need any suggested comic additions for quite some time.

No comments: