Friday, April 01, 2005

Another Pleasant Valley... Friday

Actually it isn't pleasant at all... um... April Fool's. Not much I want to talk about to end the week. My comics were all pretty good. Even got a bonus... DC's 80 page $1 giant... Countdown To Infinite Crisis. One thing that I will mention even though I have not read it, I love the fact that they went a little retro on the pages. It's been a long time since my hands touched comic pages that weren't glossed over. I noticed they had the same approach to the Fallen Angel and Hard Time trades. Makes for a cheaper package I assume, and I won't hide my feelings in saying that if Marvel did this, and it meant lower prices, I would be ecstatic.

I want to praise issue 8 of the Pulse. It helped me out quite a bit... it was as if the veil had been lifted... and for some of it tossed aside. Michael Lark (What if Karen Page...) yet again proves to be a quick budding talent at Marvel, and while I can't credit the colorist by name as of right now. I do want to give them a pat on the back. And Bendis, well you gave me an accessibly fresh take on things thanks to the mysterious agent on the phone.

DD: Redemption #3 ... wow. This issues ending still has me in disbelief. Truly a sick example of just what someone is capable of. This is a bold take on a true story, and it safe to say it was kicked up a notch. And I have to give credit to writer and artist here... the depiction was that much more believable because of a concerted effort.

Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #12 - The end of a great arc. Spidey and the Goblin face off again... traces of been there done that. But I think Millar wrote this for just that reason. The Goblin needed to be... the cream of the crop in Spidey's rogue gallery, and this proved what a sick *** he really is. It puts alot of questions into play, is Spidey not really doing anything all that great being Spidey? Is he just allowing himself to avoid the real world? It cements for Peter Parker the fact that Black Cat has never stopped loving him... something he has seemingly been oblivious too. And while kidnappings are a dime a dozen, I really felt for May... Millar paints a disturbing picture of what it is like on the other side of the battles. I can't wait for the new arc... and the new team.

Spectacular... I am just glad this arc is over....

Well, my friend just got on ... so later days.

No comments: