Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Neither Here Nor There

This seems like the type of day to straddle the fence. You have got the week behind you, and the rest of the weekend to dread and look forward to. Heck, it is even now the middle of the day, in the middle of my week.

Yesterday I speculated on my picks of the week as far as comics go. Last night I watched one of my favorite TV shows of the week. I am hoping the worst of the week is behind me. The problem with this being that, as I have said before my life is not my own. If I could ponder the remains of my week I would say tomorrow is my trip to the comic shop. And Friday I go to see Sin City. This does not include appointments... familial arrangements. And then one must leave room for the possibility of the impossible.

Heh, Sin City, the redeemer for mediocre comic movies. That might be plausible, from the inside looking out. For fans of the genre this is one of the few beauties that will shine because we see from the pages to the film reel. It would be safe to say, however, that for the movie going public, there will be no previous intimacy. Instead of Frank Miller, the visionary... it will be "Who?"

Oh, wait... X-Men 3, Spidey 3, Watchmen, Batman Begins, Superman Returns.... I think comic book movies will be just fine. 'Nuff said.

No comments: