Friday, March 25, 2005

The CBG-ee Bees

I got CBG #1604. Pretty good stuff. Fascinating article on Red States and Blue States and the correlation of that to comic stores and buyers. Politics should have been done by Dr. Suess, Red State Blue State. My state You state. Oh wait, that was Bush's victory speech... my mistake. Anyway aside from my letter, another neat thing in this copy was a review with no rating... so bad was this work that it got nothing. I had never seen that before. I still have not read Peter David's column, his and John Jackson Miller's are becoming my monthly faves.

Well, the Easter holiday is coming up. This is one of those holidays ... that since I hit my teen years I have thought of as a push aside time. Really, would my family care if I just sat out the festivities this year. And inevitably, every year they do. I suppose when my son gets a little older I might enjoy seeing him on the hunt for Easter Eggs sadly disappointed that his family was not the one that brought the candy-filled kind. I remember my morning Easter Baskets quite fondly, this is where my parents put alot of special thought into the day. Sometimes your basket would be a hat with a favorite character or a neat little saying. My little brother got when when he was just a tot. And for years after that we don't have one picture where he was not wearing it.

So, I guess whatever any of us do on this holiday, even the most cynical and reclusive of us can enjoy some memories. Oh and more egg food variations than you can shake a rabid bunny rabbit at.