Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Venturing to Gain

It was one of those days. I got to bed late (ha) woke up early (ha). I don't want to talk about the day, so let's talk about my comic picks for the week. Daredevil:Redemption #3 we are halfway through. I have heard Hines is excellent on District X. And I know Gaydos does great work. This is a pretty good miniseries all around. And believe me DD needs a good miniseries.

Madrox: Multiple Choice TPB. This is what I have been waiting on. This and Vol. 2 of She-Hulk. Peter David ventures back into X-Factor... back into a character he co-created. I like PD's humor. Some find it to be a bit much, and with good reason, but anything can be a bit much if you don't like it.

Marvel Knights: Spider-Man. The big finale. Mark Millar is leaving... as are the Dodson Duo. I like Millar's work, and this time around he showed it really was work. It really did get my pulse-pounding, I think if I had a limited time in the Spideyverse I would pull out all the stops as well. And while it may have seemed to some like he had no plan, but in earlier interviews it was stated quite to the contrary, and it shows.

Pulse #8... This is no offense to Bendis... or Brent Anderson. But I don't care, I am sure it will all shape up nicely and that the Pulse/ Secret War plan is a thing of beauty, but I cannot see it. Prove me wrong, I know you are both prolific enough to do it.

Secret War #4: Unlike Pulse with this series I knew it would be a waiting game. Am I pleased? Yeah, this is a neat book. This is New Avengers squared, plus I get a kick out of the "extra" files.

Spectacular Spider-Man #26- I got this for the tie-in with Amazing. This is the finale for this arc, and I can't tell any reason why this story had to be told. It started of intriguing... and then the story and the art kind of took a dive. I will say it is better than Jenkins, but then I really hate that guy. The whole series ends next issue. Hmmm.... no tears here. I will be checking out whatever Samm Barnes pursues next though... she told a good story for some of the time.

Well there you go, another day, another blog. Yet again, I am reminded, all this because I had to be the first person to comment on someone else's blog

No comments: