Thursday, March 24, 2005

Broken Routine

What happened to me? I used to stay up until 1 or 2 am... more often than not up so late that I would just tell myself there was no need to go to bed. And now... any point past 9:30 pm is exhaustion, and if I wake up after 6 am I am cursing myself. My life was never exciting, I will give you that. But it used to involve more than spending the day trying to retrieve my "magic" glackses (glasses) from my son before they become as worthless as a handful of beans.

Wait, this is a great thing. Granted I can't always get a moment to myself, my house is in constant disarray, and I have a mounting knowledge of a few toddler programs. (If Barney gets into this house, he will be going out in traction). Wouldn't trade it though, I am being taught about life all over again, and this time I have a seat in the front. And I keep hearing "Do you know the Muffin Man?" *sigh* Good with the bad folks. Besides it won't be long and I really won't like his music... might as well sing along while I know the words.

Oh, I have not read all my comics... but I will comment on a few. Spidey/Human Torch was awesome. If you like Spidey, get it. If you like the FF, get it. If you are waiting for a Trade Paperback... good luck, it comes out in digests, and that is hard to find. Runaways, I am not sure where this comic is going yet, but I was able to read the first two issues from the last volume, and let me tell you this book is redeemable just for that. Keep it on your list if you are on the fence right now. Let's see, ah yes, Amazing Spidey, great visuals... Mike Deodato, Jr. You are freaking great. And Mark Brooks, his stuff really grows on me, he did Arana for a bit and I believe Marvel Age Spider-Man. His flashbacks were good too. My only complaint on the art side... was that I could not tell flashback peter and Weiderman apart for a bit. The story by JMS... it did not have me emotionally invested, I will chalk it up to something on my part. Because in and of itself it was just fine.

Well, that be the end of the rambling for today, if you think this is bad, you should hear my brother throw 80's nostalgia around or anything else for that matter.

1 comment:

Kev said...

OK, you made me smile about the havoc kids play with ones life. It is good havoc, to be savoured as much as possible, I think. In between tearing ones hair out over the constant disarray, of course. And I'm telling you, that Muffin Man? He was nowhere to be seen in Drury Lane last time I was there. I dare say, what with real estate being at a premium, he has had to relocate to the Outer Hebrides (it just doesn't have the same ring, does it?).

I will be reading my comics now, havoc and disarray permitting.