Tuesday, August 23, 2005

You've got a Fan in me

I think I mentioned this several times, that when I like a creator, I will embrace their work. I don't think it is all too different out there for alot of us. I have a brother who is very selective in his comic books, and is not what one would call a mainstream reader. Well, except that I suppose most manga is becoming main stream.

One might never know when the chance opens up to have a fan, it could simply be from giving him/her a look at the creative process. It could be that you are of like minds, or that just the right words are said. It could even be wanting to find a creative outlet to emulate. For instance, I like Maggie Thompson and her recent interview on WTR (archive to come), I am told was very informative, and light-hearted, and just fun. The same words I would use to describe CBG. And I have held strong to CBG, and I am likely to through whatever lies ahead.

I think like follows like... with any cultural entertainment. Be it comic books, or TV, or even websites. As human beings we are instantly at conflict... part of you wants to treasure your finds, and the other part wants the world to love Pet Rocks as much as you do. Did I say Pet Rocks? Well, whatever you like.

Sometimes the best part of finding something you enjoy, is watching someone else find it equally as great. So tell me what your faves are?

3 comments:

Kev said...

I really liked Maggie. She is knowledgable, intelligent, and, best of all, rather pedantic ;) Such a good show.

Favourites? Well, you know all my comic-related favourites already (Alan Moore, Marjane Satrapi, Craig Thompson, and Neil Gaiman come to mind). I'm sure I must have mentioned quite a few things besides. But outside of comics, I am feeling quite evangelical about Jude the Obscure at the moment. It happens each time I reread it. Great novel.

Kev said...

OK, call me pedantic (ha), but I spelled knowledgeable wrong, so I have returned to correct my ghastly error ;)

Justin said...

You didn't spell favorites right either. ;)