Sunday, August 14, 2005

Stranger Things

So, today was pretty eventful as far as my days are concerned. The morning came with me out of bed by 9, a welcome change if there ever was one. And then of course I got on to check e-mail, not many surprises there, but it has to be done. Then it was off to the family reunion, a rocky start I suppose in that Becky was unsure where exactly the park for the festivities was located.

Nevertheless, she made it, and well I didn't see the "family", so we circled two or three times, all the while Matthew was screaming for the park. Just within his little grasp and yet so far away, get used to it son... get used to it. It turns out that another family had taken the reserved area, so after they were moved along, with all the kindness my family manages to muster, we sat down and enjoyed each others company.

Well, it is never exactly like that, I suppose it never will be. I don't reunite well... truth be told I forget alot of people, but this time it mostly family I am closer to, so I was not completely hopeless. There was a conversation with my Grandpa, about our sleep apnea, and the machines involved, and should he go get checked again. His sleep is good, but not as great as it was when he first started. I know the feeling... advised him that when I got rechecked there had been changes. Then we talked about how we both used to fall asleep at the wheel. And the urgency of hourly bathroom breaks at night had been eliminated. And my older brother looked at me. My only pleasant conversation... was about bladder control. I... I feel old.

After that I watched my son, and made note that he needs an uncle to teach him how to walk properly, it is quite dainty right now. He spent more time attached to that swing... definetly a favorite for him. Lots of babies are coming.... lots of babies. Come Christmas I will have some blog stories.

Anyway, all in all, not a bad time was had, and I am glad I did not take a book, like I planned. Matthew was pretty ticked we could not stay, but he is napping now. Becky was a real peach and got me the second SiP book on the way home. So, I expect to have finished that by midweek. I really wanted to remember more than this, I was intent on having all sorts of details from today's event, but alas, I suppose I am not meant for that.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Well, it sounds rather successful as family events go. No major arguments? No fights? Just conversations about bladder control? Sounds perfect ;-)

And I hope that you enjoy the second SiP as much as the first. It's addictive stuff.

Anonymous said...

"...And my older brother looked at me. My only pleasant conversation... was about bladder control. I... I feel old...."

ROFL.