Monday, August 15, 2005

Comics To Come

Shipping This Week: August 17, 2005

DAREDEVIL VOL 4 HC $29.99- This one is going to have to wait, I am not sure how long. I am not worried though, Marvel has been really good about keeping their Hard Covers in stock. I just need to keep reminding myself of that. This was a good run of issues... from DD dealing with his outing, to his own placement as the new Kingpin, a secret marriage, and some hot shots of that Russian Redhead, The Black Widow. Plus all the extras that Marvel loves to toss in there.

DEFENDERS #2 (OF 5) $2.99- This is right up there with my usual list of slightly humor comics. Such as New Warriors or GLA. And so far it is reading quite nicely. Marvel sold out of these, which really means very little. I don't like any of the team members individually, but together, the dynamic and the tension is just great. If you get the chance... see what all the fuss is about.

SPIDER-MAN HOUSE OF M #3 (OF 5) $2.99- The only tie-in that I am getting is shaping up rather nicely. Peter Parker has alot to answer for, his whole life is a lie... and I guess that could be literal to... So, it is a lie within a lie? Anyway, it is a really strong story, and any Spidey fans will not be disappointed.

JUGHEADS DOUBLE DIGEST #115 $3.59- It is a short comic week, normally, I leave my Jughead purchases by the wayside. There is not much I can say, this is probably one of my favorite purchases to make on a monthly basis... it let's me remember that it is possible to get more than you pay for. And I can totally relate to Jughead.... well except... I love the ladies. And he is skinny, but can eat all he wants. Bastard.

Wow, next week is not much better as far as comics are concerned. Oh well. It's easy on my wallet at least.

No comments: