Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Untitled

I follow you down to the trenches
hands dance fast between park benches
chasing butterflies and beetles
to their homes

A super hero on cloud nine
A tight rope walker on the line
the laughter burst from deep inside
tickles your nose

You might think I'm much too old
can't be the Watson to your Holmes
(or whoever sidekicks are for kids these days)
but I can watch you chasing dreams
making sure the world is as it seems
so off you go to explore now
but you're not alone

I keep you deep inside my heart
and on every smile that always starts
when you tell that same old joke
about the chicken and the road,
and the punchline always ends up
"I don't know"


Friends will come and play
lots of problems to face each day
if you need me along the way
you're welcome here to stay
I just hope you always know
I love you so

Copyright ©2005 Justin Karguth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blushed*

Darediva said...

Being a father agrees with you. M is a lucky little boy.