Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Not Quite In The Zone

Tuesday nights have become rather ritualistic with me. And it is nice that I get to share one aspect of that with a friend. Today I listened into the Comic Zone. I have finally allowed myself not to get frantic when it stalls (which it usually does) or all around completely messes up, as it did today.

My friend and I sat... miles apart, listening to the Superman theme... for almost six minutes. All the while laughing because we knew technical difficulties were to come. And then it came, the words I never thought I would hear, Maggie Thompson from Comic Buyer's Guide will be on the show! I don't get star struck very often (all the time), but this was something special. Maggie Thompson is a fountain of comics knowledge. And you all know how much I love CBG (both of you do), so I don't even have to point to the countless blogs (what? 3?) Stop that. (sorry)

Well, the host pulled a bait and switch, and put an artist on... an artist! What do they know? Ok, he wasn't really all that bad, but I was seriously disappointed. So, I will have to spend the majority of the week trying to think of some great questions to ask. Any help would be appreciated (from both of you... oop... one now) *sigh*

As an added bonus here are the Marvel Solicitations for November, plan ahead... buy something. I might put my Christmas wish list up.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Ah, Comic Zone, how I love thee. The only internet radio show to send my pooter back to the bad old days of buffering ;)

You have to love those technical difficulties, though. They are often funny; laugh out loud funny in the case of the 6 minutes of Superman music...fading out, and then starting up again.

Let's hope that Maggie really is on next week. I think she might be an improvement on William Stout...

Darediva said...

I will just be glad when I get a computer up and running that has SOUND again. Grrrr...

Then we can have a three-way listenfest on Tuesdays 8^]