Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Comics To Come

Shipping This Week: August 3, 2005 (This might just be introduction enough LOL)

JUSTICE #1 (OF 12) $2.99- I was surprised to add this title this week, I did not see it when I looked last week. It is Alex Ross, and quite honestly, I will read anything that man is involved in. So even though, this is DC... alot of DC. I think it will be one that I am talking about for awhile. On another note, did anyone read Earth X or Paradise X, I never got to those, pricing was rather high if I recall. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

ARANA HEART OF THE SPIDER #6 $2.99- Ok, no hate mail, but my minority comics, seem to be hanging on only because there minority comics. You got a Latin-American Spider-Girl, I can totally support that. If you write so I just don't care, then really I am cheating myself. I mean yeah, Gravity may be just another white blonde haired, blue-eyed hero, but damn it if it is not a great series.

DAREDEVIL FATHER DIRECTORS CUT #1 $2.99- Bwahaha... if I ever support this sorry excuse to line Quesada's pockets with dollar bills, it will not be for Quesada, but for my LCS who seems to look out for my DD craze. I bought this so long ago... that you may as well be selling sulfer. The lack of follow-up product left a very bitter taste.

DAREDEVIL REDEMPTION #6 (OF 6) (MR) $2.99- Now this is a DD mini. I mean, write it down, because it is the absolute way to go. First, you got... on time. Then you got... a compelling story that hasn't had time for me to go back and tear it down. And the kicker... and this is is important. Gaydos draws Daredevil (I will say it slowly so if Quesada is reading he knows I am serious) like ... ... ... D-a-r-e-d-e-v-i-l. Pick this up, and then pick up more for your friends

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #6 $2.50- McKeever is on a roll, I am so glad they got someone of his caliber to handle this book. I can finally hand these off to Matthew in a few years (ha) and he might not roll his eyes too much. If you got the kiddos... and you want to sedate them until Spidey 3 I cannot recommend this enough.

MARVEL TEAM-UP #11 $2.99- Oh yay! MTU... which thank got they changed the logo. I am going to get giddy. I thought next week was my giddy comic week. But I mean Dan Slott... and MTU and DD:Redemption.... I got to give some love to this week. Anyway, for whatever reason I don't remember quite what happened... it was fun. DD, Moon Knight, and being shot from cannons. Oh that's right... Cap amd Wolvie... and that finger. So, Punisher too. I am having flashes of Decalogue... because like Dec. this has had some pretty good stand alone arcs... a snore here and there, but all in all satisfactory, but this back story has built up so long, it can't possibly compare. Prove me wrong, Kirkman. You still owe my ass for recomending DD 2099.

NEW AVENGERS #8 $2.50- The last of the bunch. Probably the most disappointing thing for me, is that the appearance of Paul Jenkins, was not a hologram. But really him... so now, you know... I have to hear him and see him. And to be quite honest, I did not want to do either. And this really shoots my hopes of him going exclusive to DC. There's your chink in the armor, Bendis...

If you can't tell, I am in very good spirits. Comics are back to the forefront, as well they should be. And I just want to send a thank you out, to friends, they make you realize that sometimes an extra dimension to the day to day, might just be all you need.

1 comment:

Darediva said...

Ugh, Paul Jenkins. The only comic creator that has openly called me unpleasant things on a public forum. I wanted to burn that copy when I saw his smug self in there. I have no respect for the man.