Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Mi LCS es tu LCS

There is a problem with being reclusive. There are too few people to tell you that you just dropped from the edge of acceptable. I am obsessed with comics... used to be just Spider-Man and Daredevil. And I didn't realize this then, but it used to be very very limited. Now it is pretty much the entire Marvel Universe. If I am not reading about a title... I either know what is going on... or I can find out. By now, you have seen the reviews, there is not a week, where I don't have a comic waiting for me.

I like to think I am pretty limited still, I read pretty much from Marvel. And I read pretty much only what I like. Now I don't know about you, but I am beginning to find out that for me, what I like is becoming more and more relaxed by the month. And I rarely have sense enough to figure to tell myself when I am just buying a title to collect it. Not even enjoying what I read. And now... now with Free Comic Book Day... there are indies calling my name. This is the one time I am hoping my LCS is as dependent on not finding the Indy stuff as he seems.

Expect reviews on Friday... I am still resting. Oh and Happy Birthday to Michael Diaz's column, What Looks Good, now celebrating it's second year. Head over there to find out how to get some good free stuff, he is truly a more giving guy than me and maybe find out about some comics that you might enjoy. Tell him Justin sent you (he won't know who that is but) I always wanted to say that.

1 comment:

Kev said...

Oooh, you don't want to get the Indy bug, your obsession is serious enough already. The next thing you know, you'll be over at the Top Shelf Comix website, drooling over the weird and wonderful selection they have there. How do I know this? Because that is how I spent most of one morning earlier this week. By the time I dragged myself away, I had spent (fortunately in my imagination only) a small fortune.

I am also worried, frankly, that if you get the urge to pick up more Indy stuff, that might only serve to fuel my own addiction, which is also quite bad enough already, thank you very much ;)

My advice? Stick to Marvel, and rely upon your comic shop guy to look at you as though you have lost the plot if you so much as mention anything non-Marvel/DC...

You know it makes sense.