Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Comics To Come

AMAZING FANTASY #8 $2.99- This an alluring title in premise. This one comic "Amazing Fantasy" is going to be the starting point for some new talent and new characters to get their feet wet. Theoretically in the hopes that a new series is in the works. The problem as a reader being that some things are not going to hold my interest. Like the next character run involving "Werewolf by Night" Anyway, I am kind of crossing my fingers that this Scorpion arc gives me a reason to exit early. If you like espionage, twists and turns then give this arc a shot.

DAREDEVIL REDEMPTION #4 (OF 6) $2.99- This has to be the first mini in a long long time that I am not wondering when it will end, rather I don't want it to end at all. I hope this mini is a precursor to the news that Hines will be taking over on DD (if Gaydos was included on art duties) that would be fantastic. Anyway, if you are not reading this, it is one of the most surprising DD stories in some time.

GLA #2 (OF 4) $2.99- Dan Slott... one man. The GLA ... one team. By the end of this you will wonder how a universe stays together. Okay, seriously, this is the perfect book for a Dan Slott fan... because when a team is second string... the ideas can take the chance of being great... and the writer pulls no punches here. Again one of the few minis I am anxious to follow and far to aware of the impending end.

HUMAN TORCH VOL 1 BURN DIGEST $7.99- This is a case of I wish I had known then. I wish I had known when this came out that Karl Kesel was the writer. I wish that at the same time that I had passed on the flop of a Venom series and not this. I wish... I wish my town stocked these digests. This is going to be a tough one to find.

POWER PACK #2 (OF 4) $2.99- This is just a fun book. A bit too simplistic, but I am hoping it hits the target audience. You got kids pick this up... planning for kids... pick this up. I don't care how cool the issue of DD dropping Bullseye was cool when you were a kid. You will feel different when it is your kid... and comics will be much worse. So save these comics... they are few and far between as it is.

1 comment:

Kev said...

Not a bad week for comics! I agree about DD:Redemption; it's a great mini, and I think Gaydos and Hine go very well together. Thing One loved Power Pack #1; it's an excellent comic for kids. And GLA #2...what can I say? If it weren't for the bank holiday thing this week, I would be queuing at Crap Comics at midday today for my copy.

Good luck with the Human Torch trade. If your comic shop doesn't have it, then you could alsways get it from Tales of Wonder. Or wait until your birthday ;-)