Saturday, July 30, 2005

Weekend Woes

If you don't know... I don't like company. I don't like visiting people. It's just like I am preparing myself to be torn down (either way). I had the start to a hell of a weekend. It was hustle and bustle to clean. And anyone who knows me, knows that I don't clean very quickly, and I certainly do not do it well. And I had indulged my internet chat time a bit too much, anyway.

There was a point, when I started that I thought I would only get the kitchen sorted. Because my son was in the living room, making a fast mess. On top of an already existing mess actually. So after tackling the kitchen (with a lazy but silly audience). I crossed that border from tile to carpet. And surprisingly was able to get quite alot done with the added distraction that my son could leave balls around to play with. And what a thankful distraction The Incredibles was. I am not sure what made me happier... that it was a distraction. Or that it is finally a movie we can watch together and enjoy.

I am hoping my Sunday is a lull in the monsoon of visiting relatives. Because at this point of being knackered and tired (it is alot). I just want to sit down with my copy of CBG, Promethea, and maybe a couple of my Gary Paulsen books (a favorite author since my preteen years).

At the very least (so far) no one has torn my cleaning job down... and that is a very good thing. Of course then again, they probably think Becky did it. *sigh*

1 comment:

Kev said...

Well, I sincerely hope the results of the cleaning last longer than they do in the House of Kev (about 5 minutes, by my reckoning).

Enjoy your books and magazines today. I hope you manage to round off the weekend with a peaceful day.