Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Comics to Come

MARVEL PREVIEWS #24 AUGUST 2005- I am looking forward to this issue. As alot of great product is coming out in October. And I like the elaboration that this gives, it has a much better feel then scrolling down a webpage (even if I can find the information elswhere). And it is only 99 cents.

ASTRO CITY THE DARK AGE #2 (OF 16) $2.99- I was anticipating this series for quite sometime. The thing about Astro City, is that it takes such a pleasant and human view. That is not to say it does not pass out punches with the best of them. But this is kind of what it would be like if you had to be human in a world of capes and cowls. And at the heart of it all, the lives of two very different brothers, who are alot more alike then they think.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #522 $2.50- Ok, we are still in "Hail Hydra" "Avengers Assemble" mode, and I have to say I quite like it. Whether it was intentional Amazing has pulled away from the Gwen Stacy/ Norman Osborn catastrophe. I knew after it happened that I would not drop this title, first off because it does not bother. That doesn't mean it makes sense, or that it was not the dumbest thing I have ever read. But I knew if it did not bother me, there would be other stories to enjoy.

BLACK PANTHER #6 $2.99- Ok, this is the deciding issue for me. I think this is the end of the arc, I guess if I liked the series I would know. Although having said that Hudlin pulled me back into Marvel Knights Spider-Man. So maybe he can surprise me here as well.

DAREDEVIL VS PUNISHER #2 (OF 6) $2.99- Hopefully, Daredevil plays a bigger part throughout the series. I know he doesn't, I read an interview that very clearly stated otherwise. But I still hope.

PULSE #10 $2.99- This is the HoM crossover issue. I don't think Gaydos is back yet, but when he is... oh it will be good times. I think Pulse might even be pulled out of it's crossover stories, and making it's own big event, as Jessica pops a babe out of that belly.

PULSE HOUSE OF M SPECIAL ED #1 PI- This should be a great addition to all the HoM stuff. I have loved everything I am getting. HoM is good, and from what I hear getting better. The Secrets of HoM book has been an excellent reference. And I am really excited about the newspaper format.

RUNAWAYS #6 $2.99- Here it is folk's. The captured enemy/ally has found his real daddy. And also that he isn't even really human. And Will Smith though he had it bad. *note I would have used a Short Circuit reference, but I think even the I, Robot one was a bit much.

I might do a follow up to this blog about my "wish list", which is stuff that caught my eye on the shipping list, that I did not know about, and so probably won't be able to get.

No comments: