Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Comics To Come

It figures, I start this up on an all Marvel week. And a small Marvel week, I think either I must have done some cutting of my list I made when July solicits came out. Or Marvel is going to hit me full force the last two weeks of the month.

DAREDEVIL VS PUNISHER #1 (OF 6) $2.99- I really, sincerly, immensily hope that Marvel can pull this mini off. If they do then I think people might finally start licking the wounds that are Daredevil Father and DD Target minis. It is a sad thing when I can say, "I don't really care if this is good. Could you just finish it?"

HOUSE OF M #3 (OF 8) $2.99- I am enjoying this series. It has a very crisp and completed feel. Issue 1 was the epilogue... explaining the events that led to the point that our heroes have come to. Issue 2 was the introductory chapter, well done, but it could have been written more accessibly. A big complaint I get from friends and relatives who don't know Marvel inside and out is, "Who is on this page? Why is this guy and this guy angry at each other?" Something like the shots done in Powerless would have been more effective I thought. Or with any luck when the Secret Files book (companion book) comes out, I can hand people that to help. Oh, and everybody keep in mind, Joe Quesada said this issue will "break the internet in half." So, let's see if this is the talk of Blogville come Friday.

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #5 $2.50- I don't think this is Mckeever. That being the case, I will say what I said the last time I spoke of this title. It is a waiting game for me. I think I am waiting for issue 6 and the new writer. If I enjoy this issue, then that is a bonus.

MARVEL TEAM-UP #10 $2.99- K, this is a great title. Not for stellar writing... or great art. (Neither are lacking) But because it is a who's who of the Marvel Universe, and no characterization has been too far off. This issue it is yet again Daredevil, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and whoever else decides to show up. I just find it the perfect title for someone who wants to dip their feet in the pool before they dive in.

And just as an add on, CBG comes out this week, and their main feature is the FF movie. Now I am going to say it whenever I bring this magazine up. But it is so so so much more than their feature. So there, you go, a small week, so hopefully when I make my trip to the bookstore to get CBG, I might pick up something extra.

1 comment:

Kev said...

I'm hoping that DD vs Punisher will be good. At least Redemption looks like finishing (it would take a disaster to stop it now ;-)) And it has been excellent. I'm not sure that this new mini will be quite as good, but one can hope.

I am in my usual befuddled state about House of M (I am almost always befuddled about something), but I have enjoyed it thus far.

And you have reminded me that I never picked up MTU #9 last month, and need to do so still. So, ta for the (inadvertant) reminder.

Still waiting for the comic shop to get my CBG sorted. Ho hum.