Saturday, June 11, 2005

Infinite Summer Goodies

So, it is official, I was never meant to have money. And I was probably never meant to look beyond the Marvel Universe from a buying perspective. Take for example, I have been enjoying finding this indy comic for my brother, CreeD... and then there is his favorite Darkhorse comic Blade of the Immortal. The thing of it is, he never said... look out for that for me. But I have ... and I do. It is the same with a friend of mine who enjoys Alan Moore.

Then there is the fact that I made a grave mistake ... I added Newsarama and Pulse to my favorites. It is one thing to get a weekly e-mailing stating in bland text what interviews and such they have. It is another entirely to be sucked in by a preview of promo art, or a nicely worded intro paragraph. Which more power to the indy guys... snagging me like never before really. I am getting a new Tick series this summer.... A Gargoyles comic from Disney and Slave Labor Graphics... Sam Falcon from Lucky Bamboo productions... and if I can get a hold of it online a TPB of Gunpowder Girl and the Outlaw Squaw. Nevermind of course that shipping will be outrageous going from several different sites.

I can thank my lucky stars that DC has very few titles that pulled me in so far. Oh, and speaking of trying new things. I was wondering if any of you out there knew of any comic book type movies, or where I could find out about some, I saw this one in an article this morning: The team of Martin and Lewis made sixteen more films, including ARTISTS AND MODELS (1955), which was set in the comic book industry. So, if you know of anywhere or anything that kind of indirectly involves comics... let me know.

No comments: