Monday, June 13, 2005

Comics to Come

DAREDEVIL #74 $2.99- This is the title that constantly fluctuates from my top read spot. But I have to tell you that since the start of the current arc "Decalogue", I have been loving every inch of this comic. Despite the less than spectacular reception from fans, this is a breath of fresh air I needed. There are quite a few mysteries to be solved, but I most enjoy embracing characters, normal people who I have never met, whirlwinded into the world of Daredevil. And unlike promises from other titles... other writers, I know that these stories... had an effect on DD. I can't wait to see what that is.

GLA #3 $2.99- This is cliche in a very original way. A true team of misfits wants to make a name for themselves, of course they pick the enormous legacy of the Avengers to fill. It's senselessly heartfelt, darkly light, moodily hilarious, smartly silly take on an epic mini. You will either like it or you won't. How's that for a sell?

POWER PACK #4 $2.99- I can't say I am waiting for the conclusion. This is a series of one shots. If they cohesively tie together I would be surprised. I enjoyed last issue with the seemingly helpless Jack finding himself in the company of the seemingly helpless Human Torch. It stood as a reminder that adults and children can be very much alike, if they stop and think about it.

POWERS #11 (MR) $2.95- What's going on? Well, this is one wacky series... I wish I could tell you. But really I can't remember. Alot of people um... dealing with powers. Short as that description is, if you were reading the series, it would make sense.

WOLVERINE #29 $2.50- Wolverine continues his vengeance. And he has alot of catching up to do. Sheild is sitting on it's crashed wreck heap in Arkansas. It is safe to say every player in this book has bitten off more than he can chew. But only Wolverine makes it out on top. What do you mean how do I know? Classic comic know how... oh and it's his title.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Well, for once we have exactly the same comics to pick up. Most weeks you have something that I'm not reading. It looks like a good week. I agree about Decalogue. I think it's wonderful. I can't wait to see where Bendis is taking it, but equally, I appreciate the time he is taking over letting the characters tell their stories as the arc progresses.

GLA is great fun. I fall in the camp of those who like it ;-) Power Pack is fine, but my daughter likes it better than I do. It's worth picking up for that alone, though. Powers - I feel like I need to go back and reread some of the Image stuff, really. But the letters page is always fun. And Wolverine, I picked up when DD was in it, and haven't dropped it yet because I am enjoying Romita Jr's art and discovering Mark Millar. This is the first title of his that I have read.

Here's to the successful and painless acquisition of comics this week :-)

Anonymous said...

Memory sure is becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. I'm curious as to when we will eventually hit the rate of 1c to 1 Gigabyte.

I eagerly await the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB drive, hahaha. But for now I guess I will be content with having a 16 GB Micro SD in my R4i.

(Submitted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.leetboss.com/video-games/r4i-r4-sdhc-nintendo-ds]R4i[/url] NETPost)