Thursday, November 10, 2005

Comics To Come

So, I have a day before my comics get here. I figured I might get this out there.

CAPTAIN UNIVERSE/ DAREDEVIL $2.99- I am not sure what to think of this. I really hope it is good. For those unfamiliar with Captain Universe, it is some sort of entity that enhances it's wearer. And as far as I remember, it is kind of wished by the wearer. Now as far as this "series" I think the Captain Universe entity is dying in some way. And so it is going from hero to hero, luckily I am only getting this issue. So I am crossing my fingers it works reasonably well just reading by itself.

DAREDEVIL FATHER #4 (OF 5) $2.99- I am really disliking this series. There is stuff happening, I will grant that. But I really don't feel like any of it means anything. And I know part of that is, the delays have lost me. This really could have been weaved along side Bendis' run, and now it feels like a very generic story. The only consistencies are Foggy and Matt. And in name only. I don't know... I look at this, and then I look at Daredevil: Redemption, and I just shake my head. Redemption is the way to write a mini-series that stands on it's own. Still I have no one to kick but myself, for buying Father.

EXILES #72 $2.99- With this issue starts the jump into the New Universe. Now for those of you who weren't here for me pimping Exiles: World Tour, well you are very lucky indeed. It is just nice to see these universes (Marvel revamps and such) get a nod to those fans and creators that were a part of it. And I love the aspect of Exiles, a "quantum leap" type team of heroes forced to jump worlds and fix aspects. And now they have broken from their missions to simply try to get home to their own worlds. Teammates hate and love and fight together, and their only common bond is that they were taken without choice from their families and loved ones.

FANTASTIC FOUR WEDDING SPECIAL $4.99- I am not an FF fan. I never have been, even when it was readily available at my school library. I remember just getting an issue if Spidey was on the cover. At the time I didn't think that it could be a link to the Marvel Universe for free, I just didn't want to read about them. And now, well because Karl Kesel is writing this issue it has become a must have, I am paying $5+ for an FF book! Sometimes you follow a writer you enjoy to a book you normally wouldn't, nothing wrong with supporting a real person over a character sometimes.

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #2 $2.99- Well, this is part four of Spider-Man: The Other (a twelve part Spidey crossover). And I am really rooting for this middle part. See, this crossover works like so, Peter David took the first three parts (crossing over Amazing, Marvel Knights, and FN Spider-Man) and now another writer will then take over the middle, and finally a last writer will tie the final three issues. With each writer coming back to Epilogue their own titles. Um, let me shorten this up LOL, wait for the trade, in the meantime stay away from Spidey for about a year while they play at keeping the books more cohesive. Thank goodness I started this cheaper service online ;^)

NEW WARRIORS #5 (OF 6) $2.99- This is a very funny series about a team of superheroes who start a reality TV series. Deciding that people who don't live in New York must need superheroes too. Anyway, a great bit of fun happens along the way, and there is the bigger mystery of what is going to keep them together.

PULSE #12 $2.99- Jessica has her baby! Okay... okay knowing the writer it won't be until the last page. But still pretty frekin' cool. I still wish this series was a bit more important in the scope of what purpose it holds, but having Gaydos on art makes it alot easier to love.

No comments: