Friday, September 09, 2005

Shout out... Swear to God

Sometimes, given circumstances, you can have a book, that constantly grabs at you. A book that for all intents and purposes is perfect for you, and you kept telling yourself otherwise. I did this with Love As A Foreign Language... I did it with Strangers In Paradise. And I think I have done it again with Tom Beland's True Story, Swear To God.

The premise is simple a man explores a long distance relationship, and does so with sharp humor and strong characterizations. And now with this latest preview, he has hooked me. Because with this issue Lily (Tom's love interest) convinces him to start his own mini comic. I found this so endearing, so cute, and so much like a woman who sees something in her partner, that she helps him to become who he wants to be. Who he needs to be.

I have not fully explored his website, but I am sincerely hoping it has an option, for a guy with a relatively super hero stocked comic shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.