Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Comics I am Getting

Shipping This Week: AUGUST 16, 2006

IMAGE COMICS

GROUNDED TP $14.99- Been waiting for this trade for awhile. Not to say it is late, just that my excitement is high. I missed this limited series (Chuck Dixon says they don't call them minis anymore) the first time around. And 6 issues with the DCBS discount... well even the 15 dollars isn't a bad price at all. I can't quite remember the premise... something about a kid discovering his father is a superhero and that he is one too. Anyway, it has alot of twists on that tale. Mostly I am in it for artist Paul Azaceta. That is a high caliber talent who has a way with a pencil. If you are not currently enjoying his work on "Talent" from Boom Studios, then you should be.

MARVEL COMICS

RUNAWAYS #19 $2.99- Month in and month out this title impresses me. There is a story here that never slows down. Never has a bad issue, and always allows for an edge of your seat read. I recently listened to a podcast where the hosts commented that this was their soon to be dropped title, that it just is not quite up there with the previous volume. Having not read the first volume of this book entirely I can say that I must be feeling what they felt that first time... it is a hell of a ride.

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #29 $2.99- This is another one of those titles that just as I drop it, something pulls me back in. And this time it is the unmasking of Spider-Man, and the focus on the bad guys that want revenge. I am actually pretty psyched about it. Painter Clayton Craine took on the art last issue, and it was something to drool about. This issue is not quite so expertly handled in the art department, but it features the confrontation between Chameleon (Spider-Man's first villian) should promise to be a pretty good read.

Another small week. Next week looks to have quite a few great books coming out though.

2 comments:

Darediva said...

Just read about Civil War #4 and 5 being delayed, and boy am I glad I'm not tied up in that one. I would be so highly perturbed if DD was held back because of a late tie-in.

I haven't been back in the comic shop lately, because I can't pick up what's in my file just yet. Maybe soon...I have some stuff on ebay that will sell, and maybe, just maybe I'll have some left over to buy comics.

Where've you been, Migo? Never see you on wonky Yahoo anymore. Have you moved to MSN?

Justin said...

DD won't be held back, but I suppose Iron Fist might. Besides, I think DD fans have had their share of delays. The first issues of Vol 2. Then Daredevil Target... DD: Father.

I hope you make it to the shop soon, Al. At least for next week's DD. My this comment was DD focused. ;-)