Wednesday, May 03, 2006

FCBD R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Well, I would be pretty upset with myself if I did not discuss Free Comic Book Day (this Saturday) in my blog. This is like the comic fan's Christmas. Now in truth, it should be used to pull new people in, and I hope it does so in that regard. However, altruistic intentions are far from my mind.

I got 19 different comics last year... and I still have every single one. Granted I did show them off to family, but only because some of the comics were gathered up before a family party. Which also looks to be the case again this year.

I figured to kick this off, I would list the comics I really want to be able to get:

Before I forget here is a link to find participating shops near you.

Archie Comics 65th Anniversary Bash

Bongo Comics: Bongo's Free for All 2006 (Publisher of Simpsons Comics)

Image Comics: Future Shock 2006

Marvel Comics: X-Men/Runaways (also other stories incl.)

F&W Publishing: Impact University Vol. 2

Heroic Publishing: Liberty Girl #0

Any of this next group are good for kids!

Top Shelf Productions: Owly: Breakin' the Ice 2006

Renaissance Press: Amelia Rules 2006

Sky-Dog Press: Buzzboy: Sidekicks Rule #1 2006

And in the "Only Strange To Me" category, this week marks the first week I will get comics on a Wednesday since December.

4 comments:

Kev said...

Well, I will be getting at least some free comics from Comix Shop, I think. It was listed as one of the participating retailers in LITG, anyway, so I assume that is correct. I wish there were a store locator like the one in your link, for the UK.

Enjoy FCBD :-D

Justin said...

Speaking of store locators, the FCBD one actually found a new store in my town that I was not aware of.. and *trumpets* accessible.

Kev said...

Yay! Does the store locator also list accessibility? ;-)

Darediva said...

I had the nerve to tell the guys at the LCS that Kitty and I were heading to Dallas for FCDB at ref=www.zeuscomics.com/cape as GUESTS at CAPE!2.

Since they still haven't gotten me the copy of Kabuki: The Alchemy#6 that came out nearly a month ago, I'm seriously considering mail service for my comics.

Happy FCBD, everybody!