Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Holiday Headaches

Well, judging by the November solicits for the major comic companies. I might have to brace myself for December. I know it comes every year. A bit of a holiday glut. I suppose it hits me hardest on the holiday months, mostly because I am not giving to my fellow man, I would rather sit fat and happy on a big pile of comics.

And the strange thing is, I am going to wake up one day, and the comics really are going to mean very little, I will be like the weekly soap opera watcher. Complaining that I like very little of something that used to be a huge part of my life. I won't love comics. I know that now, but I cannot detach myself enough to say, "Maybe you don't need that Karl Kesel issue of the FF Wedding Anniversary." The examples are limitless... you could drop Conan... or not get Supergirl... why are you getting so and so Avengers, you didn't get them before.

I wonder if I will ever learn to deal with the fact that I am going to need to start living accordingly? Because my collection is most certainly not going to put anyone through college.

No comments: