Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One-Track Mind

Okay, so I always feel like I am cheating when I just pop in someone else's blog or comment, and add my own two cents. But, I suppose a blog is a blog.

And this is from the blog of Gilbert Gottfried (you know, the bird from Aladdin, the yelling guy) :

"As I was boarding a bus, the black woman driver said to a woman passenger, “I get all the comics on this bus.” Knowing she was thrilled to see such a famous person, I flashed a smile at her. I figured, what the hell. It takes so little effort to bring a taste of my fame and greatness into this woman’s sad, boring, non-famous existence.

She looked at me stone faced. As I sat down, she got up and started picking up trash on the bus. She started muttering to herself, “They always leave their goddamn news papers and comics.”

I put my head down and stared at my shoes for the rest of the ride like the pathetic schmuck that I am."

And being the schmuck that I am, I assumed the bus driver meant comics. Sometimes you needn't look to far to know where my mind is. I need to start chatting up some bus drivers, sounds like a daily gold mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's the *blushing* smiley??

Bwahahaha. Very funny story, btw. Tx for retelling.