Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Family Guy Comic: Big Deal?

This completely baffles me. Not that there is a Family Guy comic, which I have known about for some time, but rather that the lid seems to be blown off. And I can't figure out why this is the case. I suppose because a date has been decided... more information given. But not so much more to warrant all this coverage.

Maybe I won't complain if the upcoming Highlander comic gets as much coverage. People think I am nuts about that. And the thing of it is, I am not in the loop, no more than anyone else who reads comics and keeps an eye on things, but this just makes the sites seem a bit behind... and really repetitive. I suppose it is more than likely that Devil's Due Publishing sent this out, and thus it was passed on as if it were out of the blue, but it is hardly the case at all.

I suppose I should do an info dump, I planned on getting this for awhile. Glad it is new material and by a writer for the show.

DEVIL'S DUE PUBLISHING FOR APRIL

FAMILY GUY: VOLUME 1

By Matt Fleckenstein and Benjamin Phillips.
The Family Guy steps out of the TV screen and into a new bimonthly series from Devil's Due! Each of the three volumes in this series focuses on one of the star characters, and their views on life... however skewed they may be! Want advice from Peter or Stewie? Probably not, but they're going to give it to you anyway! In between these hilarious one- on-one segments are stories rivaled only by the TV show itself. Written by Matt Fleckenstein, staff writer for the animated series!

64 pages, $6.95.

Love the irony that I am essentially doing the same thing. ;^)

No comments: